Tuesday 18 March 2014

Archaeology is Rubbish

Sorry couldn't resist the title...

Anyway I was just looking to buy an idiots guide to archaeology and came across the book below and I wondered if anyone had read it and could recommend it?

Maybe as it's just £0.01 plus postage I'll buy it and read it anyway.

As a detectorist I feel that I ought to at least have some understanding of how archie's do their stuff and I think doing some more looking at what archaeologists do would give me a more rounded perspective of what responsible detecting is. Maybe.




 

4 comments:

  1. It's a good book, you'll enjoy it. You'd think the PAS would be producing something like that as part of their "outreach" but...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book ordered but someone had nabbed the cheapest copies so ended up spending a whole fiver damnit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got mine in a car boot sale for 50p.

    ReplyDelete